There are some exceptions to this rule, for example rule 188.8.131.52 of RDA.
It also instructs to make a note correcting the inaccuracy if considered important for identification or access (based on 2.17).
- Transcription in Resource Description & Access (RDA) Cataloging
- Corrected Titles Proper & Variant Titles : RDA vs AACR2 : Questions and Answers & Best Practices
- Titles of Serials : LC-PCC Best Practices Guidelines
Please provide your comments on this interpretations of RDA Rules
[RDA Blog post revised with Question & Answer on 2015-07-28]
- RDA Blog Home
- About RDA - Resource Description and Access
- About RDA Blog
- RDA Resources
- Cataloger's Reference Directory
- RDA Blog Testimonials
- Follow RDA Blog in Social Media: Google+ | Facebook | Google+ Community | Twitter | YouTube | SlideShare | Tumblr | WordPress | Flipboard | Pinterest | LinkedIn