Publisher's Name in Resource Description and Access (RDA) & Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (AACR2) with MARC 21 Examples
Table of Contents:
- Core Element
- How is Publisher's Name is defined
- Where are Rules for Publisher's Name in RDA
- What are the Sources of Information for Publisher's Name in RDA
- How is Publisher's Name Transcribed / Recorded in Resource Description and Access (RDA)
- More than One Publisher in Resource Description and Access (RDA)
- Publisher's Name in More Than One Language or Script
- No Publisher Identified in Resource Description and Access (RDA)
- MARC 21 Field 264
- RDA Examples of Recording Publisher's Name in MARC 21 Field 264
264 #1 $a New York :$b J.J. Wilson Publishing Company
not: 264 #1 $a New York :$b Wilson Pub. Co.
source: Humanities Association, Literature Division, Renaissance Literature Section
record : 264 #1 $a Chicago : $b Humanities Association, Literature Division, Renaissance Literature Section
source: Toronto -- Pilkington Pub. Co.
Houston -- Davidson Publishers
record: 264 #1 $a Toronto : $b Pilkington Pub. Co.
264 #1 ‡a [Place of publication not identified] : ‡b ABC Publishers, ‡c 2009.
264 #2 ‡a Seattle : ‡b Iverson Company
[On source: ABC Publishers, 2009; distributed by Iverson Company, Seattle]
264 #1 ‡a New York, New York : ‡b Dell Publishing Co., Inc., ‡c 
264 #1 ‡a New York, N.Y. : ‡b New York Labor News Company, ‡c 
264 #1 ‡a [Chicago?] : ‡b Chicago and North Western Line, ‡c [1940?]
264 #1 ‡a New York : ‡b Basic Books, a member of the Perseus Books Group, ‡c 
264 #1 ‡a Munchen, Germany : ‡b C.H. Beck ; ‡a Oxford, United Kingdom : ‡b Hart ; ‡a Baden-Baden, Germany : ‡b Nomos ; ‡a Basel, Switzerland : ‡b Helbing Lichtenhahn, ‡c 2014.
Case: One or more agencies are sponsoring bodies rather than publishers:
Source: Published by Library Management Ltd. New Delhi For The Institute of Information Science Chicago University And The University College, London
264 #1 New Delhi : ‡b Published by Library Management Ltd. for the Institute of Information Science, Chicago University, and the University College, London
Source: Published for the University College, London, England by University of Cambridge University Press Cambridge Oxford
264 #1 Cambridge : ‡b Published for the University College, London, England, by Cambridge University Press
Source: Indian Publishers, New Delhi for Indian Institute of Dalit Studies, New Delhi
264 #1 New Delhi : ‡b Indian Publishers for Indian Institute of Dalit Studies
Source: Published by Facet Publications on behalf of American Library Association
264 #1 New York, N.Y. : ‡b Facet Publications on behalf of American Library Association
264 #2 ‡a [Place of distribution not identified] : ‡b Distributed by Hal Leonard
264 #3 ‡a Hong Kong : ‡b [manufacturer not identified], ‡c 
- RDA - Production, Publication, Distribution, Manufacture, Date - MARC 264 (Visit and Bookmark this RDA Blog post for important links to Resource Description and Access and AACR2 Cataloging Rules and Examples on PUBLICATION PRODUCTION MANUFACTURE DISTRIBUTION ETC., MARC-260, MARC-264, and DATE applying guidelines from RDA RULES-CHAPTER 2 and LC-PCC PS)