Top 10 RDA Blog Posts of 2015 on Resource Description & Access Cataloging
This was the fourth year of RDA Blog on Resource Description and Access (RDA). We hope that our posts have been both interesting and helpful to all librarians and catalogers. As 2015 comes to a close, I want to share our most read articles of the year.
Top 10 RDA Blog Posts of 2015
- RDA Cataloging Rules for Pseudonyms with MARC 21 Examples
- International Standard Book Number (ISBN) - MARC to RDA Mapping
- RDA Cataloging Examples
- Articles, Books, Presentations on Resource Description and Access (RDA)
- Establishing Certain Entities in the Name or Subject Authority File : RDA Cataloging
- Libhub Initiative
- Corrected Titles Proper & Variant Titles : RDA vs AACR2 : Questions and Answers & Best Practices
- RDA Bibliography
- LC RDA Implementation of Relationship Designators in Bibliographic Records
- 33X fields do not necessarily mean RDA
- RDA Blog: RDA Blog is a blog on Resource Description and Access (RDA), a new library cataloging standard that provides instructions and guidelines on formulating data for resource description and discovery, organized based on the Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records (FRBR), intended for use by libraries and other cultural organizations replacing Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (AACR2). This blog lists description and links to resources on Resource Description & Access (RDA). It is an attempt to bring together at one place all the useful and important information, rules, references, news, and links on Resource Description and Access, FRBR, FRAD, FRSAD, MARC standards, AACR2, BIBFRAME, and other items related to current developments and trends in library cataloging practice.
- RDA Blog History: RDA Blog was created by Salman Haider, a Cataloging & Metadata Librarian Blogger & Online Social Media Expert from India. RDA Blog embarked on its journey to provide useful information to Resource Description and Access (RDA) in August 2011. It received good response from librarians, catalogers, and library professionals from all around the world. It is interesting to note that the first hundred thousand pageviews to RDA Blog came in 3 years, but it took just 8 months to reach another hundred thousand pageviews. At present it is viewed at a rate of fifteen to twenty thousand times per month. RDA Blog is widely followed in social media.
- Follow RDA Blog in Social Media: Google+ | Facebook | Google+ Community | Twitter | YouTube | SlideShare | Tumblr | WordPress | Flipboard | Pinterest | LinkedIn