- LC CORE ELEMENT for resources intended for children
- RDA 7.15
- Open list of vocabulary terms
- Recorded in MARC 008/18 as applicable and field 300 $b
Optional Addition (184.108.40.206-Recording Illustrative Content)
Record the number of illustrations if their number can be ascertained readily (e.g., when the illustrations are listed and their numbers stated).
“color” (not “col.”)
“sound” (not “sd.”)
“silent” (not “si.”)
“illustrations” (not “ill.”)
some color (10 maps, some of which are in color)
chiefly color (illustrations, most of which are in color)
Sources: Use evidence presented by the resource itself as the basis for recording the presence of color content in the resource. If desired, take additional evidence from any source.
Recording Colour Content
If the content of the resource is in colors other than black and white or shades of grey, record the presence of color using an appropriate term. Disregard colored matter outside the actual content of the resource (e.g., the border of a map).
LC practice: Use the spelling “color” when recording that term.
Comment: includes photographs and other illustrations
Comment: includes charts, graphs, and other illustrations
[Sources: RDA Toolkit, LC RDA training material, JSC RDA Records Examples, and transcript of communication from experts at LC]
- RDA Blog Home
- About RDA - Resource Description and Access
- About RDA Blog
- RDA Resources
- Cataloger's Reference Directory
- RDA Blog Testimonials
- Follow RDA Blog in Social Media: Google+ | Facebook | Google+ Community | Twitter | YouTube | SlideShare | Tumblr | WordPress | Flipboard | Pinterest | LinkedIn