- Change the Descriptive cataloging rules (008/10) to "z", from "c"
- In the 040 add cataloging source, e.g. $d DLC (if it doesn't end with this already) and a $e rda.
- Re-examine the record to see if the heading and also the references are according to RDA rules and LC-PCC PS (if applicable).
Approved PCC NACO Policies--Interim Documentation
Conference headings and access points
Personal name headings and access points
Changes taking place in the LC/NACO Authority File
7XX RDA fields in AACR2 authority records
- If the 1XX and the 7XX in the AACR2 NAR is exactly the same, delete the 7XX. If you are an RDA trained cataloger, re-code the AACR2 NAR to RDA.
- If the 1XX and the 7XX are not exactly the same, leave the NAR as is: do not remove the 7XX. This NAR will become part of a PCC project to recode the NARs to RDA after examination of the differences, etc.
- Other than noted above, RDA catalogers may re-code an AACR2 authority record to RDA if there are no changes in the 1xx.
- Do not change an RDA authority record to be an AACR2 authority record.
Write to the LChelp4rda@loc.gov account if:
- you have questions about existing headings
- you need assistance in creating a new RDA authority record because your library is not using RDA for cataloging.
- http://www.loc.gov/aba/rda/pdf/lcnaf_rdaphase.pdf (particularly p. 4 for conference headings)
- For an excellent summary paper highlighting conference names under RDA: see http://www.loc.gov/aba/rda/source/special_topics_conferences.ppt
- RDA Blog Home
- About RDA - Resource Description and Access
- About RDA Blog
- RDA Resources
- Cataloger's Reference Directory
- RDA Blog Testimonials
- Follow RDA Blog in Social Media: Google+ | Facebook | Google+ Community | Twitter | YouTube | SlideShare | Tumblr | WordPress | Flipboard | Pinterest | LinkedIn